I don’t have the nutritional info for this one. But eggs are definitely bariatric friendly. They are packed with protein and there are hundreds of ways to make them.
I love deviled eggs but they are typically made with mayonnaise. In this recipe the fatty mayonnaise is replaced with creamy horseradish (for spice lovers) or greek yogurt (the tame version).
2 Tablespoon of Creamy Horseradish Sauce OR Greek Yogurt
6 Hard-Boiled Eggs (3 of the yolks will NOT be used)
¼ Teaspoon Spicy Mustard
½ Teaspoon Dill
⅛ Teaspoon Salt
A Dash of Black Pepper and Paprika
- Peel all of the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise.
- In a mixing bowl place 3 of the yolks and set aside the whites.
- Mash the yolks together with the horeradish sauce OR greek yogurt plus the mustard, dill and salt.
- You can choose to spoon or pipe the filling into the sliced egg whites.
- And sprinkle with paprika and pepper!