Simple, delicious, and nutritious. This omelette is full of protein and packed with fiber while remaining low in carbs. The iron in the spinach is great for women. Bariatric surgery patients can add this to their list of favorite egg dishes.
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 Fresh Basil Leaf (diced)
- 1 Cup Spinach
- 1 Tablespoon Red Onion (diced)
- 2 Tablespoon Crumbled Feta
- ¼ Cup Tomato (diced)
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Spray a small frying pan with cooking spray and place red onion and spinach. Let it cook until spinach is just wilted. Set aside.
- Mix egg, egg white, basil, water, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Spray a medium frying pan with cooking spray and place the mixture in it, cook on low heat.
- Spread the egg mixture around by moving the pan in a circular motion.
- Add the feta, tomato and spinach when the bottom side is cooked.
- Cook thoroughly, fold over and serve!