Pasta is generally frowned upon after weight loss surgery. By using zucchini instead of regular noodles you can make a delicious ‘pasta’ that is still bariatric friendly.
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 (8 oz container) Tomato Sauce
- ½ Cup Red Onions (chopped)
- 4 Zucchinis (cut into noodles)
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic (minced)
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Teaspoon Basil (chopped)
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Cheddar Jack Cheese
- Stir noodles, onions and garlic in a nonstick skillet over medium heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and tomato sauce and cook until noodles are soft (around 3 minutes).
- Sprinkle in salt, basil and seasoning. Top with cheese and any additional toppings of choice.
- Serve at once.