Why Choose El Camino Hospital?
We provide the tools for success.
Bariatric Surgery Excellence
When considering having weight loss surgery, it’s important to consider the people who will guide and support you. The bariatric surgery team at El Camino Hospital has the expertise to help you reach and maintain your health goals. We partner with you to make sure you have what you need to achieve and maintain your weight loss.
Highlights of our program include:
- Accredited Excellence: We’re an Accredited Center by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) and the American College of Surgeons. We’re also recognized by Blue Cross of California as a Center of Excellence.
- Expert Surgeons: We work with an elite group of board-certified surgeons who offer the latest advanced procedures.
- Dedicated Nursing: We are the first Bay Area hospital to be recognized for nursing excellence with “Magnet” status–the gold standard in nursing care from American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), the world’s largest and most prestigious credentialing organization. And our bariatric nurses are dedicated to the unit–and to patients!
- Specialized Rooms: Our state-of-art hospital features specialized accommodations and equipment in a dedicated Bariatric Unit to provide safety and a comfortable healing space.
- Unparalleled Support: The success of weight loss surgery depends on significant lifestyle changes. We provide classes, training, and support before, during, and after the procedure to help ensure a great outcome.
Attend a free Informational Session
The informational session is led by our bariatric program nurse and will include a brief program description, review weight-loss surgical options, outline of what to expect from the surgery and answer questions at the end of the presentation. You’ll also receive a packet of material, including surgeon information.
To attend the informational session, please contact our Bariatric Program Nurse by calling 650-482-8121 or emailing Karen_Thomas@elcaminohospital.org.