Dr. Illan is a recognized expert in laparoscopic surgery, who has performed over 15,000 laparoscopic procedures, 8,000 bariatric surgeries and took part in over 24,000 metabolic and bariatric surgical procedures.
Dr. Illan has become one of the few Master Surgeons in the city of Tijuana, Mexico. A distinguished accreditation by the Surgical Review Corporation located in the United States of America.
Dr. Illan strives for a better education and overall practice in his medical career. Some of his achievements include:
- Baja California University College of Medicine
- Residency, General Hospital of Sonora
- Fellowship, Mexico City and Tijuana with Dr. Juan Lopez Corvalá
- Fellowship, Sao Paulo Brazil with Dr. Almino Cardoso
- US Fellowship, Fresno Heart and Surgical Hospital, Fresno, California
Dr. Jalil Illan’s professional memberships:
- Member, American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS)
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Life Member, The International Federation for the Surgery of Obesity and Metabolic Disorders (IFSO)
- Master Surgeon in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, Surgical Review Corporation (SRC)
- Member, Mexican College for the Surgery of Obesity A. C.
- Member, Mexican Association of Endoscopic Surgery
- Member, Mexican Association of General Surgery
- Member, International Society of Surgery
- Member, Latin American Federation of Surgery
- Member, Tijuana Medical Board
- Member, Latin American Association of Endoscopic Surgery
Dr. Illan held the position of Chief of the Emergency Room Surgery at Regional Hospital IMSS #1 (Baja California area) for over nine years.
On December 5th, 2016, Dr. Illan was voted as one of the BEST Weight Loss Surgeons in Tijuana by his surgical peers!
If you have any questions feel free calling us at 619-900-7808. Or visit our website.
Please visit and like our new Facebook page.