Click play to listen to this interview.
This was one of my favorite interviews so far. Our guest, “Jo”, chose not to tell anyone that she’s had Lap Band Surgery. “Jo” lost 65 lbs after Lap Band surgery and to this day, she keeps it a secret. Even from her mom.
Everyone doesn’t have to know that you’ve had weight loss surgery. In fact, nobody needs to know. And you can still be a weight loss surgery success story.
Tips And Notes From “Jo” – To Tell Or Not To Tell
- Having surgery is a very personal decision.
- You shouldn’t be afraid of someone finding out. Because they won’t.
- It’s OK not to tell people.
- You don’t have to feel like a liar.
- You’re just omitting the full truth.
- Remember, it still takes dietary changes and exercise to keep the weight off.
“Jo’s” Recommendations For Getting Started With Weight Loss Surgery
- Watch videos on YouTube.
- There are tons of great videos from patients available for free on YouTube.
- You need to listen to your doctor’s advice but realize they will only tell you what’s ‘in the book.’
- Join Facebook groups. I particularly like the Baritastic Social Group. It’s very active and informative.
- Take action.
- Go to support groups. Even if you plan on keeping it a secret from your friends, you do need support.
- Make friends at your support group meetings.